1K views

I took out a loan, lost my job and was unemployed for a year.So they call me 5 times a day with "Where's my money?!

Where's my money?!" Any explanation of "I'll pay when I get a job" were ignored. Then when I get a job and want to pay the loan off they won't reply to any e-mails or voice mails. Any live person at a branch says they can't help me and gives me an 800 number to call, which gets me nowhere.

No one has a record of my account number.One Main Financial removed any doubt I had that America's banks are run by idiots.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Onemain Financial. The most disappointing about onemain financial loan from Onemain Financial was poor customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Onemain Financial.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Onemain Financial to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Onemain Financial?

Comments

Still haven't heard from a debt collector or OneMain so I sent them another letter. Pretty fascinating, me trying to contact a debt collector instead of the other way around.

They trying to keep your interest rate goin up..monthly..ooOOOOO.

From the information you provided, it sounds as if you ran into a serious financial bind and were unable to make monthly

It sounds like you were unable to make regular payments during the time you were unemployed.The branch that made you loan eventually transferred your loan to a collection center or charged it completely off.

They no longer own your loan and therefore cannot provide you with a payoff or account number. You need to contact who now holds your contract and I suggest offering them a settlement as low as 50% of your payoff. Be warned that if the settlement is accepted, the IRS may be notified of the settlement and a tax liability may occur.

(ask them or contact a tax advisor).Also, settlements may be reported to the Credit Bureau as "settled account" but this is not nearly as detrimental as an "unpaid charge off".