Interest Rate

I have a current loan through One Main Financial.I was out of town for a medical emergency and was going to be out of town when the payment was due on my account.

I usually go into the office branch in person to make my payment but was not going to be able to do that this particular month. I called and explained this to the office and they told me if I sent in a post-dated check they would hold it and cash it on my due date so that I would not have to come in in person to make the payment. I mailed in the post dated check as requested and instead of waiting until the date on the check they tried to cash it immediately and it was submitted to my credit union three times costing me $90 in NSF fees. The check was dated for the 20th and the payment was submitted on the 11th, 13th, and the 15th.

When I called to complain I was told that they have no idea why the check was cashed and that it was their bank's fault for submitting it without checking the date and they would not give me any kind of refund on it. My bank would not give me a refund because they said post dating checks is not allowed however One Main Financial are the ones who told me to post date the check and yet they did not honor that post date on the check. Not happy with them at all!

Honestly can't wait to pay off the loan with them.Since I owe only about $800 on the loan I keep getting offers in the mail to borrow extra money but I will never do business with them again.

Review about: Onemain Financial Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Thats your own fault .you should of had somone make your no its has to be paid on time. Your comment sucks.

to Phillip #1434847

Not as bad as your spelling and grammar sucks though, eh?

It's not that I didn't have the money on time. It's that I was out of town and was going to be unable to make the payment in person as I usually do. I would have waited to send in the check, but the branch rep I spoke to was pretty convincing about having me send in the postdated check instead of waiting until I was back in town (which would have only been one day past the actual due date, and in retrospect, I should have just waited because one day late doesn't even go on your credit report).

"Banks and credit unions generally state rules about postdated checks in their account disclosures.Some of the biggest banks, for example, note specifically that they can honor checks that are made out for future dates."

What did you think they were going to do, put the check on the bulletin board or in a desk for a few days?

No...Those checks are going in with the others of the day.

This isn't back in the day where you can float a check 10 days out until your check hits. It's going in probably as soon as they get it.

IF the money isn't there to cover it, that's YOUR fault.

You could have come into the 21st century and set up an online payment for the exact date it was due but I'm sure you can't be bothered with this.Lesson of The Day- Unless you're dealing with Old Ben at the feed store and he knows you, DO NOT expect anyone especially in the corporate world to remember to hold a check much less do it and risk their job.

to Anonymous #1434846

Twice in the past when I have scheduled a future payment to come out with them, they have deducted the amount twice. (Ex: my payment amount was set for $100, they took that payment out twice even though it was only scheduled for a single payment of $100). After the first time I figured it was a fluke, after the second time it happened, my bank advised me not to allow them to do any more electronic withdrawals from my account, which is why I did not do it that way.