Onemain Financial - Prepare to bend over

211 of 588 Onemain Financial reviews

Update added by user Sep 01, 2015

The bold miscellaneous is requested payoff amounts. The original full payoff amount was $11,522

Original review posted by user Sep 01, 2015

I got a loan in 2013 from One Main for $8,499.96.Never missed a payment of $276.25 for two years and checked my balance online and it showed I still owed $6,851.

In all I paid $6,630 within those two years and by the time I pay everything off the total amount repaid will be close to $16,000. When I fist got the loan I was led to believe the amount being paid back wouldn't exceed over $11,000.

Called for a payoff balance and it was $6801 with the $6,630 already paid.How they can get away with this is unacceptable and something should be done.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Misleading payments

Reason of review:
Problems with payment
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Onemain Financial Loan
Review category
Loans and Mortgages
review #692738 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Onemain Financial? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
211 of 588 Onemain Financial reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 22, 2015 #1037154

Sucks this happened to you, I went through something similar when I was younger and more naive, but honestly One Main states...in their very fine print..the interest is over 300% of the loan. It sucks, but they are in business because of that reason. They prey on people's hardships..and sometimes they need it so they don't pay attention. Your statements clearly show over 60% of your payment goes to interest. They didn't deceive you, it just sucks!

4 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Onemain Financial. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Onemain Financial.
Filing a new complaint about
×