5.4K views
3.0

Update by user Sep 01, 2015

The bold miscellaneous is requested payoff amounts. The original full payoff amount was $11,522

Original review posted by user Sep 01, 2015

I got a loan in 2013 from One Main for $8,499.96.Never missed a payment of $276.25 for two years and checked my balance online and it showed I still owed $6,851.

In all I paid $6,630 within those two years and by the time I pay everything off the total amount repaid will be close to $16,000. When I fist got the loan I was led to believe the amount being paid back wouldn't exceed over $11,000.

Called for a payoff balance and it was $6801 with the $6,630 already paid.How they can get away with this is unacceptable and something should be done.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $6000. narrite is overall dissatisfied with Onemain Financial and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about onemain financial loan at Onemain Financial was misleading payments , but reviewer liked friendly local office. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Onemain Financial.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Loans and Mortgages category for more informed decision or compare Onemain Financial to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Onemain Financial?

Comments

*** liars !!!!!Someone will get hurt soon ..

it's all fun and games taking people for a scam and tricking them into this lease at high interest rates.

Until someone walks in that office angry !Dangerous games

Sucks this happened to you, I went through something similar when I was younger and more naive, but honestly One Main states...in their very fine print..the interest is over 300% of the loan.It sucks, but they are in business because of that reason.

They prey on people's hardships..and sometimes they need it so they don't pay attention.

Your statements clearly show over 60% of your payment goes to interest.They didn't deceive you, it just sucks!

to Anonymous #1357634

Sucks that people can't or won't read what they signed.I signed up for one of those loans.

I read it out and did the math.

I knew it as a sucky solution at the time.

What I did was pay on time, didn't play games with them and got rid of this note within the time I agreed on.

I called for a payoff, asked for an email/letter to be sent telling me what I had to pay off and how long the letter was good for.

That's it, I didn't cry about outrageous interest, I'm a grown up. That cute girl while shoving up her cleavagae for the upsells on insurance and such didn't hold a gun to my head and made me an offer I can't refuse.

If you're out here thinking about a loan from this outfit or any other one that will service someone with poor credit there is something to remember. The money is expensive.

You will pay more than you borrowed.Do not sign if: You don't understand the loan You're not ready to pay it back You're not ready to feel violated by interest IF you can, go home, wait a day or two, think on options to avoid these expensive loans.