3.5K views 1 comment
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Sep 01, 2015

The bold miscellaneous is requested payoff amounts. The original full payoff amount was $11,522

Original review posted by user Sep 01, 2015

I got a loan in 2013 from One Main for $8,499.96.Never missed a payment of $276.25 for two years and checked my balance online and it showed I still owed $6,851.

In all I paid $6,630 within those two years and by the time I pay everything off the total amount repaid will be close to $16,000. When I fist got the loan I was led to believe the amount being paid back wouldn't exceed over $11,000.

Called for a payoff balance and it was $6801 with the $6,630 already paid.How they can get away with this is unacceptable and something should be done.

Review about: Onemain Financial Loan.

I liked: Friendly local office.

I didn't like: Misleading payments.

3.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Onemain Financial Loan
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / $6000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Onemain Financial?

Submit review

Comments

Sucks this happened to you, I went through something similar when I was younger and more naive, but honestly One Main states...in their very fine print..the interest is over 300% of the loan.It sucks, but they are in business because of that reason.

They prey on people's hardships..and sometimes they need it so they don't pay attention.

Your statements clearly show over 60% of your payment goes to interest.They didn't deceive you, it just sucks!