Interest Rate

I went in to the Douglasville, GA office on 3/19/18 to pay off a $6000 loan in full and retrieve my title.I called before arriving and spoke to Shonna to tell her that I would be there soon to pay the loan off.

Shonna tells me on the phone that they had placed insurance on the loan payments because my account showed that I had a lapse in insurance (which was not true). I told her that I would call my husband since he is who they spoke with about the insurance. I called my husband, who said that he had talked to someone in the One Main office that told him to call a 1-800 number to stop the insurance and he said that is what he did. I told him to call the office and tell them because I was on the way to pay it off.

I arrive at the office-to be greeted by a Caucasian woman asking if she could help me-I said that I was waiting on Shonna. The lady seemed to have an attitude after that but I just waited on Shonna, who sees me walking into the store and sit down and does not even acknowledge my presence. She is talking to my husband on the phone along with her manager very loud, the whole office could hear them. Shonna proceeds to walk up to her desk in the front of the office by where I am waiting, still talking very loudly on the phone with him.

She finally gets off the phone and calls me up to her desk only to tell me that my husband had just faxed over all of the info needed showing that we did NOT have a lapse in coverage and that the corporate office would have to refund our money. With all that said, I asked if I could still go ahead and pay the loan off with that included and get my title back and Shonna as well as her big mouth manager (yelling my business across the office, which was very unprofessional) told me no I can't pay my title off in full and that I would have to wait for Shonna to call corporate and they would give me a call back to let me know when I could come back and get my title. Never told me that she was done with me or have a nice day or anything, just sitting there at the desk, so I figured that she was done with me, so I got up to leave as the Caucasian lady (mentioned earlier in this complaint) yelled out "BYE" loud with attitude. I did not even turn around, I just said "bye" and walked out the door.

That was the worst customer service ever and when the manager joins in as well as staff-it is really just unprofessional. The staff was sort of like this the first and only time before now that I had gone in. I would never recommend this place to any body.

I have never seen a business that would not let the consumer pay off a loan in full.The service is piss-poor.

Review about: Onemain Financial Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Being rude by the staff, Way i was talked too or handled, Poor customer service, Staff.

Comments