1.2
Interest Rate

I got a loan from them for around 8300 and I have paid 16 payments at 334.00 a month and I called to see what the payoff was because I wanted to apply 3000 to 35000 to the principal balance.The young man told me my payoff was 8030.00 so only 270.00 less than the original finance he said that the first 1/3 of the loan only pays interest.

I told him that I had called the first of Jan when we were discussing paying down the loan or paying off other loans and the lady told me it was around 5600.00. He then proceeds to tell me it was probably less then because the longer you have the loan the more in interest it changes daily. What the heck 2430.00 more now a month later.

What a rip off company.This isn't the only complaint I will be filing.

Had an Experience with Onemain Financial?

Comments

You just described the same exact thing im going through at the moment.Took out a 10k loan in jan '15(payment $302/mon), called this past sept to get a payoff amount, which i was told was $6300.

Called back in dec to pay it off and they tell me the payoff balance is $8600. Made $7200 is payments and they tell me my balance has gone down only $1400.

I talked to four different people over the nect couple weeks, and each one gave me a completely different #.Complete joke