Interest Rate

I received a $2,500.00 loan, with monthly payments of $88.00.Very shortly after that, my room mates moved out & skipped out on their half of all the rent & utilities.

So, I ended up having a late payment, which ended up in me paying every month for the previous month, so I was always one month behind. I kept up paying monthly, in person w/ cash, for a year and a half. My next payment was due on March 3rd, but now that I am better off financially, I decided to pay my past due amount + my current charge a little early (Feb. 27).

I logged in on the website & saw that they had my bank info saved. I had paid over the phone for the first time w/ them, using my checking account. Anyway, on March 1st, I saw on my online account that there was still going to be $100.00 taken out on the 3rd. There was no option to cancel the payment, so I deleted my bank info.

I called & the lady I talked to said that my payment on the 27th had gone through & I didn't owe another payment until April 10th. She asked me when I wanted my payment to be withdrawn & I said April 10th. Well, on the 3rd(today) a $100.00 payment was posted. I called & spoke to the same lady & she acted *** when I said I couldn't find a way to cancel the payment.

She said there should be a way to do it online, but was not able to tell me how or where I would need to go. She also said that they didn't want a returned payment, but I don't owe anything until May 10th now since they were taking the money out now. When I log into my account, it now says there will be another payment for March 10th, NOT May 10th. But now my payment is $183.00.

My minimum payment is $88.00, although I usually pay $100.00. So why did it go up & why do I have 2 monthly payments this month, when I was told I was paid up until next month? I questioned the woman over the phone again & she said the online account was wrong, just ignore it. But so far everything that was posted has happened.

I searched their website to find a way to change my payment date, since it didn't happen automatically. Apparently I have to write a letter to One Main & they might do it. I have had accounts with Victoria's Secret & Capital One, and I was able to change my payment anytime, any day. Anyway, I do not appreciate the bitchy attitude from the employees & also being lied to.

The least they could have done was admit they were going to take out extra money. My husband warned me about giving them my bank info & I should've listened, even though it was too late when I did. I ended up calling my bank & they were able to stop the payment & block any further withdrawals from One Main.

So, I will be continuing to drive 30 minutes from where I live to the nearest office, to pay in person, with cash.Soooo convenient!

Review about: Onemain Financial Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Onemain Financial?

Comments

They suck. High interest!! Scammers.

Yall suck one main